WOW fact#3: the most colorful taxi

If you have ever visited Bangkok, you probably saw already that hundreds of taxis waiting for a passenger at some specific places. It is because Bangkok has policy to set no quota for the number of taxi, so more and more people become a taxi driver here. Research found that the number is increasing about 200 taxis per month.

However, this is not I want to talk about here, rather, I want to show that taxis in Bangkok are very unique with different colors for different one. The colors will represent each company that own the car, except that yellow-green taxis are individually owned (unless it is sold to a car dealer).

It is quite exciting for me to see this kind of taxi, just because I never saw it somewhere else. At the time I just came to Bangkok, I even tried not to get on the cab with the same color. Anyway, a little thing you should be careful when you get on a taxi here is to make sure that the driver use meter every time. If you are a foreigner, some of them might try to call for an expensive rate without using the meter.

Some more photos of a colorful taxi:

Posted in Labels: |

0 comments: